Sunday, February 10, 2013

Don't Be A Cloud On A Sunny Day

I was recently contacted by an author and asked to read her book and review it on my blog. After reading it, I decided not to write about it. This is a blog about my recommendations and I really didn't like it. I am not going to say who the author is because like I said in my introduction, that is not what this blog is about. I emailed the author and told her that I wasn't going to give her a review and I explained why as nicely and tactfully as I could. Suffice it to say she was VERY unhappy about it. Really? If I were her I think I would rather have no review than a bad one. Let's focus on the positives here people. Don't be a cloud on my sunny day. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your philosophy! I feel the same way. If one doesn't like a book, there is no need to bash the author. After all, my tastes in literature are not my neighbors.

    Lawrence BoarerPitchford, Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agreeing with you and Lawrence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting philosophy. I too run a review blog and I will write a review on any book or story submitted to me and quite a few that I read without urging. My philosophy is if I'm not getting paid to write an advertisement, you get what you deserve. I'd encourage you to write a few negative reviews. It gives you more credit and your honest will be more appreciated by your blog readers.

    ReplyDelete